Followers

Welcom to the Rockin' Heart Ranch

Welcome to my Page
Carried over from Multiply
Images and Words

Saturday, October 27, 2012

"Uplifting", Images & Words #98

Images and Words week 98: Uplifting
Host: Amy
Happiness is a State of the Mind


Several things have lifted my soul this past few days.  One is the beautiful weather we have had to enjoy the horses, the "super" moon and then the rare opportunity to catch a sunset like I have never seen in person.  Yesterday morning was another photo session with the moon and around noon we went to a near by town to watch the grandsons compete at a high school rodeo.  Family and Friends and of course took photos and videos.  Stopped at our favorite place to eat on the way home and had the best ribs in the country (Rafter G Restaurant in Umbarger, Texas).  On the way home from the Rafter G, Shi's and Becky's buffalo were near the road so we stopped so I could photograph them.  Got one great shot that I love and even some of Shi and Becky working around the windmill with that 35X zoom lens.  

We settled for the evening of me preparing to take moon shots & playing on the computer and Russ watching TV (Saturday night is PBR night).  I was keeping an eye on the clock so I wouldn't be late for the moon rise, glanced outside and saw just a tiny bit of color behind the shops and tree row so I decided to grab that camera I am trying out see what was in store for me.  Starting clicking shots right away, I barely made it across the road and into the neighbor's CRP grass (hoping no rattlesnakes).  Wow, what a treat I was seeing and it was disappearing so fast.  Got several shots (one posted for this my favorite) and then back into the house to put the camera on the tri-pod for moon shots.  It took the moon a while to rise above the haze, clouds, and maybe even fog to our east. 
If my photo doesn't do the job uplifting, go to the web site Common Sense Christian and it will do the trick.  Our preacher who writes this (and is on Facebook) brought another uplifting message this morning at Church.  http://www.commonsensechristian.net/  or check out his almost daily uplifting messages on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Common-Sense-Christian/136220439725965?ref=ts
To visit other Uplifting photos this week on Images and Words:
Images and Words week 98: Uplifting 

No comments:

Post a Comment